- The Poplars Guest House is situated on an elevated position just above Pitlochry. When driving here, access the car park around the back of the house from East Moulin Road. There is a sharp, uphill and narrow bend leading to the car park entrance. You should approach this bend slowly and with care as there could be traffic in the middle of the road coming down the hill that you will not see. You cannot access the car park from Lower Oakfield where a Sat Nav will take you. Please do not attempt to drive up the long driveway from Lower Oakfield. This is access to “Innislea” only. However, you can walk up and down this drive.
- When leaving the car park, please take extra care due to the blind bend on your right.
- The car park is fairly level and laid to gravel. There are eight designated parking spaces. Please drive into the car park slowly and park within the white lines. Please do not drive around to the front of the house, this is for safety reasons as there may be people walking or sitting at the front.
- Walk from the car park around to the front of the house (from your left). There is a doorbell on the right of the front door. There is a small threshold step into the lobby.
- Our house was built in 1878 and we do try our best to accommodate the needs of everyone that wishes to stay with us. However, due to its location and our desire to keep some of the features this will make access difficult for people with limited mobility. Regrettably, the house is not suitable for wheelchair users, babies or small children.
- Guest rooms on the first and second floor are accessed via one to two flights of stairs that circle around the central Victorian staircase. The stairs narrow on the right as they rise around the central point. Extra care should be taken on the staircase. The dining room and lounge are both on the ground floor located off the central hallway. All doors to public areas and guest rooms must be closed to meet fire safety regulations.
- Rooms 1, 2, 3, 4 are located on the first floor accessed from the main hall via the central Victorian staircase. Each of these rooms has an en suite bathroom with a small step into the shower cubical.
- Room 6 on the 2nd floor has an en suite bathroom with a small step into the shower cubical. Room 7 on the 2nd floor has an en suite bathroom with a small step into the shower cubical. These rooms all have some head height restriction by the dormer window areas.
- Outside there is a central stone stairway to the lower part of the garden and care should be taken when wet and icy. Walking down the long gravel driveway is fairly steep at the top so please take care not to lose your footing.
Last reviewed January 2023